Maybe your spouse has been bugging you for years or maybe you’re tired of the snow drift that forms in the back bedroom. You’ve decided this is the year you are going to replace your windows.
Now you need to decide how to do it. Your neighbor was taken by one of those hard-sell operations that charged him twice what another friend paid. You are seriously considering doing it yourself. Afterall, you did construction back in college or your Uncle Joe can do it. He’s pretty handy.
Do it yourself is an option but is it really worth it?
- While you did construction twenty-five years ago, are you as in good of shape now?
- After working all day, do you want to climb that ladder?
- The windows you can get from the big box store, are they good quality? Do you know what to look for?
- Technology has changed. Which caulk, tape, nails and screws should you use?
- Techniques have changed. Is the way Uncle Joe installed windows the best way?
- What if you measure incorrectly? You may be stuck with the window.
- Will you have everything you need or will you make multiple trips to the store?
- Do you have all tools you need?
- Can you square that double hung window for the second-floor bedroom while standing on a ladder?
- What if you have an issue six months from now?
Having The Window Source of Western Michigan replace your old, cloudy windows has so many advantages. Our windows are top quality. Our installers are familiar with the latest materials and techniques. They are also licensed and insured. Plus, our windows and labor are warrantied! If there is an issue, we will handle it.
Aaron or Bob will come to your home to give you a thirty-minute, no-pressure quote. If you like it, we can install the replacement windows for an entire house in one or two days in most cases. Too far away? We cover all of northwest Michigan. Suttons Bay, Buckley or Copemish are not too far away. Give us a call and we will answer your questions.